Radreise & Fernradler Forum
Radreise & Fernradler Forum
Wer ist online?
9 Mitglieder (Deul, Hansflo, tom2, Jole, irg, 4 unsichtbar), 496 Gäste und 857 Suchmaschinen sind im Forum unterwegs.
Details
Erweitert
Rund ums Forum
Regeln
Die Regeln für dieses Forum
Nutzungsbedingungen
Vereinbarungen für die Benutzung
Das Team
Wer steht hinter dem Forum?
Verifizierung
Offenlegung deiner Identität
Beteiligte Homepages
Radreise-Seiten, die das Forum eingebunden haben
Mach mit!
Dieses Forum für deine Homepage
RSS Feeds RSS
Eine Übersicht öffentlicher RSS Feeds
Plauderecke
Zum Unterhalten und Plauschen
Die Geschichte
Die Geschichte des Forums
Spende
Unterstütze das Forum
Radreise-Wiki
Partnerseiten
Statistik
29207 Mitglieder
97624 Themen
1532683 Beiträge

In den letzten 12 Monaten waren 2217 Mitglieder aktiv. Die bislang meiste Aktivität war am 02.02.24 17:09 mit 5102 Besuchern gleichzeitig.
mehr...
Vielschreiber (30 Tage)
veloträumer 60
Keine Ahnung 53
Falk 53
Juergen 51
iassu 45
Themenoptionen
#1178012 - 19.12.15 23:01 Old & New Carantania (journey story)
veloträumer
Mitglied Übernachtungsnetzwerk
Themenersteller
abwesend abwesend
Old & New Carantania
The Historical Region of Alpe-Adria today

„The Golden Ladder is an invisible thread connecting the earth and the sky. It can only be seen by chosen ones. Only they can listen whispering the stars, heavenly music, and can be in harmony with the universe. The poet senses and feels them. They are somewhere out there.”
Alojz Gradnik

Introduction

This report is just a small abstract of my story „A green alien in the kingdom of Carantania“ ([url=]Ein grüner Alien im Königreich Karantanien[/url]. As in some cases the years before, I created a fictional story, covering my big cycle tour of the year. As the years before, I’m not able to translate this whole story. If you’ve any possibility, to follow the German version, do better so. Of course the language is sometimes difficult, because I created some new words, supporting the idea of an alien from the universe, living in a space shuttle called “Green Devil”. The story in short, is an alien, who makes an exploring journey to earth, to Carantania in detail. The trip is commissioned by his commander, called speichen-08/15-kracher, which links in German some association to somebody, who is not always the lucky one, and maybe not a precise working man, maybe not very intellectual. So his alien “studi-RAL-verde” (meaning the green colour), someway a counterpart of pedantic character, should find out historical backgrounds on earth for an old kingdom – of course with scientific perfection. As well, studi-RAL-verde has always to fight with the budget limitation, which is ordered by his commander. As turns out, there are some crucial evidences, that the inhabitants of the Green Devil have some Carantanian heritage. Some feature in this plot is the myth of frogs. As well, Green Devil is part of a galaxy, called “Galaxy of the 7000 Green Frog Holes”.

This is one of a lot of elements, which gives some ridiculous and even satirical reflections on the science report, which underlines some main structures of the historical Alpe Adria region. As well, gold is always representing different symbolic meanings in the story – for footprints of the kingdom, for a Carantanian spirit, for poetic vibrations, for the connection between earth and universe, even to the Green Devil – and even more. In this context the history goes back to Carantania, a Slavonian principality, much more than 1000 years ago. This region has been conquered by Bavarians (not only), and Christianisation has taken over. The first one, who labelled Carantania, was Karl der Große in 8th century. Arnulf, someone of Bavarian descend, get prince, later (887-899) king and emperor of Carantania. The figure of Arnulf is not well researched, so an ideal actor in a fictional story, for making some assumptions, nobody knows they are true or not.

To make background short: The history of Carantania, later called Alpe Adria region, but never fixed as a national state, turned out as a multilingual and multicultural region, most of the time over centuries living peaceful together. If we look on Alpe Adria history, this has been an example for European Union today. As well, it’s worth to study the history to learn about things, how to overcome nationalism even today. The idea of the nation – a great development in the European history in the 19th century –, maybe is not practical any more. But national (or patriotic) identity is still important for egoism in the international agenda. Another important consideration is the migration, which has brought cultural and economic development to the region. Sometimes today it looks like, people forget that. One of the greatest disasters of the 20th century (as well of the whole History of mankind) has taken place in the Alpe Adria region, partially of course: The World War I, with the battle of Isonzo – a symbol of the nonsense of war. One, who has put it into words, was Ernest Hemingway with his novel “A Farewell to Arms”, which is based on a battle in Caporetto (Kobarid, Karfreit) at the Soca (Isonzo), today Slovenia.

Finally, maybe you should know that in my story the Green Devil is living in a world of Utopia – to make some visions, how to change life on earth today. Even the Green Devil is living without time, only for visiting the planets will return the time for the aliens during the voyage like this one on earth. Maybe so, even you understand the special (open) end of the story, which you find even in this abstract. It’s on yourself, what you do with that, nothing is pretermined. Just to use your brain and to use thoughtful material for reflections is required.

If you still don’t know, what Carantania means, no problem. In the German version I lined out many aspects of the label “Alpe Adria”, which today is not always used with historical background. I will not do here once more. So notice, this is not the Ciclovia Alpe Adria Radweg, the tourist cycling route from Salzburg to Grado. Of course, I crossed this way several times, but it is much more. In the following chapters you’ll find short summaries of the landscapes and important things. Every chapter is closed with a music link due to the region and with a photo gallery. For that take a click on the photo at the end of the chapter and you’ll find much more photos (they are on Picasa). You can look to the pictures up to maximum 1400 Pixels, if you have a bigger desktop. This gallery photos are the same as in the German version. For another 30 photos in the introduction (including “Prolog”) please look into the German version. Even I listed some books in the German version, which are in German language (guides, poetry, myths, history, mixed literature). Maybe some of them are available in English – I don’t know. For that look in the German version in the introduction to Chapter E.4 (even there you’ll find maps for the region). The chapters here are:

I. Salzburg/Carinthia: Hohe Tauern
II. Carinthian lakes, Nocky mountains
III. Friuli/Slovenia: Julish Alps 1 (Tarvisiano 1, Triglavski NP Mangart, Pokljuka, Bohinjsko jezero)
IV. Slovenia: Julish Alps 2 (Jelovica, Skofjelsko Hribovje, Tolminske)
V. Slovenia: Karst-Prealps (Kolovrat, Banjsice, Trnovski Gozd, Idrijsko)
VI. Slovenia/Friuli/Venzia Giulia: Vino e Mare (Triester Karst, Adria, Collio, Colli Orientali 1 & Julish Prealps south)
VII. Friuli/Carinthia: Carnia between Tagliamento and Gailtal
VIII. Friuli: From Julish (Pre)Alps to the Friulian plane (Tarvisiano 2, Colli Orientali 2 & Udine)

The data of the cycling tour:
37 trip days = 36 cycling days + 1 waiting in the rain day
+ half day for universal transit + Großglockner pre-cycling (Bruck – Fusch)

Photos: > 3800 (brutto), < 3400 (netto), ca. 1280 (in this report to find, mainly via link)

Total (responding to cycling days): 36 d | 2450 km | 50300 Hm | over 50 passes
Average data: 68 km/d | 1397 Hm/d | 6:00 h/d | 11,4 km/h
Hm-Index (topografic difficulty): 2053 Hm/100 km

to be continued
Liebe Grüße! Ciao! Salut! Saludos! Greetings!
Matthias
Pedalgeist - Panorama für Radreisen, Landeskunde, Wegepoesie, offene Ohren & Begegnungen
Nach oben   Versenden Drucken

Alle Beiträge zum Thema
Betreff von verfasst am
Old & New Carantania (journey story) veloträumer 19.12.15 23:01
Re: Old & New Carantania (journey story) veloträumer 19.12.15 23:01
Re: Old & New Carantania (journey story) veloträumer 19.12.15 23:04
Re: Old & New Carantania (journey story) veloträumer 19.12.15 23:06
Re: Old & New Carantania (journey story) veloträumer 19.12.15 23:07
Re: Old & New Carantania (journey story) veloträumer 19.12.15 23:08
Re: Old & New Carantania (journey story) veloträumer 19.12.15 23:10
Re: Old & New Carantania (journey story) veloträumer 19.12.15 23:11
Re: Old & New Carantania (journey story) veloträumer 19.12.15 23:12