Radreise & Fernradler Forum
Radreise & Fernradler Forum
Wer ist online?
1 Mitglieder (Kettenklemmer), 290 Gäste und 863 Suchmaschinen sind im Forum unterwegs.
Details
Erweitert
Rund ums Forum
Regeln
Die Regeln für dieses Forum
Nutzungsbedingungen
Vereinbarungen für die Benutzung
Das Team
Wer steht hinter dem Forum?
Verifizierung
Offenlegung deiner Identität
Beteiligte Homepages
Radreise-Seiten, die das Forum eingebunden haben
Mach mit!
Dieses Forum für deine Homepage
RSS Feeds RSS
Eine Übersicht öffentlicher RSS Feeds
Plauderecke
Zum Unterhalten und Plauschen
Die Geschichte
Die Geschichte des Forums
Spende
Unterstütze das Forum
Radreise-Wiki
Partnerseiten
Statistik
29207 Mitglieder
97624 Themen
1532679 Beiträge

In den letzten 12 Monaten waren 2220 Mitglieder aktiv. Die bislang meiste Aktivität war am 02.02.24 17:09 mit 5102 Besuchern gleichzeitig.
mehr...
Vielschreiber (30 Tage)
veloträumer 60
Keine Ahnung 53
Falk 53
Juergen 51
iassu 46
Themenoptionen
#368428 - 10.09.07 08:57 Australian Outback
aitorbe
Mitglied
Themenersteller
abwesend abwesend

Hi friends,

I want find more information and personal experiencies about the australian outback. It´s the road from Darwin to Adelaide and aproximately are 2800 kms. It´s posible to do by bicicle?? I see a report in the lonely planet and I think that will be a very good experience.

Kindly

wink
Nach oben   Versenden Drucken
#368481 - 10.09.07 12:47 Re: Australian Outback [Re: aitorbe]
uli nullnegativ
Mitglied Übernachtungsnetzwerk
abwesend abwesend
Hi,

yes, of course it is possible doing it by bicycle. going that route is great.

here are some cyclists who did this route:

good luck and enjoy the outback!

lg uli
#368540 - 10.09.07 15:49 Re: Australian Outback [Re: uli nullnegativ]
aitorbe
Mitglied
Themenersteller
abwesend abwesend

Hi Uli !

Thank you for your soon reply. I am from The Basque Country, (north of Spain). In this summer I have had a lot of problems to carry the bicycle by plane from Bilbao to istambul. Therefore do you think that it´s a good idea buy the bicycle in Adelaide and the sell it in Darwin?

Thanks in advance
#370934 - 18.09.07 16:07 Re: Australian Outback [Re: aitorbe]
Michaela
abwesend abwesend
Unterwegs in Australien

Hi,

I would recommend to cycle from Adelaide to Darwin, its better because of the wind which cames from the soth most of the time.
Cycling along one of the tracks (for example Oodnadatta Track) is a great experience you shouldnen´t miss.
I woun´t buy a bike in Australia. Take your time, search a good airline and take your own one. For example "Malaysian Airline" is good when you take you bicycle with you. Have a look at the hompages of the airlines - most of them have informations there about conditions to carry a bike.

Regardes,

Ela
#382350 - 28.10.07 16:47 Re: Australian Outback [Re: aitorbe]
leyre
Mitglied
abwesend abwesend
Aitorbe
I was twice in Australia, and definetely, do not buy the bike there. They are really expensive. Any airline will take it much easier than travelling around Spain with it (soy Asturiana y transportar la bici dentro de España es un dolor!!!)
all the best
L
#388601 - 22.11.07 02:25 Re: Australian Outback [Re: leyre]
raybo
Mitglied
abwesend abwesend
Check out the on-line bike touring archive at www.biketouringtips.com.
#389037 - 23.11.07 14:15 Re: Australian Outback [Re: aitorbe]
kaatiin
abwesend abwesend
Unterwegs in Island

Hi!
I did this route as well in 2005, including the sidetrips Yulara/Uluru/Kata Tjuta and the Kakadu National Park.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Regards,
Katrin
Unser Kopf ist rund, damit das Denken seine Richtung ändern kann. - Francis Picabia
#389041 - 23.11.07 14:27 Re: Australian Outback [Re: Michaela]
kaatiin
abwesend abwesend
Unterwegs in Island

Originally posted by: Michaela

I would recommend to cycle from Adelaide to Darwin, its better because of the wind which cames from the soth most of the time.

Oh yes, I can confirm this statement. We were doing up to 150 km a day coming from the south, peddalers coming from the north were doing up to 80 km, always fighting against headwind.
My experience is the wind is coming from southeast, so I also can't recommend the route from Tennant Creek to Cairns, which we wanted to do first.

Quote:

I woun´t buy a bike in Australia. Take your time, search a good airline and take your own one. For example "Malaysian Airline" is good when you take you bicycle with you. Have a look at the hompages of the airlines - most of them have informations there about conditions to carry a bike.

And I also wouldn't buy a bike. They have good bikes there, sure, but in the middle of nowhere you'll be happy to know what you have and which tools and replacement parts you need.

Happy planning out!
Katrin
Unser Kopf ist rund, damit das Denken seine Richtung ändern kann. - Francis Picabia

Geändert von kaatiin (23.11.07 14:28)

www.bikefreaks.de